The Northgate Careers website (managed by ResourceBank) has been shortlisted for a major industry award. The website uses advanced functionality and rich digital content to attract and engage with candidates – which has been recognised by the prestigious In-house Recruitment Awards, the leading annual awards for UK talent attraction businesses.
ResourceBank has worked in recruitment partnership with Northgate since 2012 and recommended a complete overhaul of the website design and functionality in 2016. Our goal was to attract and inspire prospective candidates to join the business and be part of the future success story.
The new website was re-launched at the end of 2016 including some key features:
- Mobile-friendly candidate application (apply with LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+)
- “Day in the Life” profiles including videos of all key individual roles, now linked to our own careers You Tube channel
- Unique Benefits Calculator which allows candidates to see the full value of their package
- Meet the recruitment teamproviding prospective applicants the first opportunity to engage with the people they will be talking to and what they are looking for
- “Live chat” facility to immediately respond to candidate questions
- Innovative “Welcome Portal” to manage the on-boarding process and reduce paper wastage
The new Northgate Careers website has increased the number of candidates sourced directly through the ResourceBank managed Northgate Resourcing Centre, as well as ensuring candidates are more aware of the Northgate culture once they have applied – increasing fill rates and reducing attrition throughout the process.
A recent starter to Northgate Egham commented: “I didn’t know much about Northgate when I saw the job for a Customer Service Advisor advertised. I looked at the careers website and watched Aimee’s video. She was so friendly and the atmosphere at the branch looked really nice so it encouraged me to apply and attend the interview. I’ve been here for 3 weeks now and it is exactly how it appeared on the video – a friendly bunch of people and a busy interesting job.”
Louise Clough, HR Shared Services Manager at Northgate said: “We are delighted with the nomination for the award. The careers website project was a real joint effort between ResourceBank and Northgate and we’d like to thank everybody involved – from the employees that volunteered to be filmed, the designers that created the “make the move” concept to the candidates that have applied through the site and given us such positive feedback in the last nine months. “
The winner of the award will be announced on the 22nd November.
If you think your careers website needs an overhaul, check our 5 tips article and give Mike Ellingham a call on 01952 281900.