ResourceBank managed the recruitment of a new team of administration staff in 3 UK locations for a leading legal business. Our dedicated team recruited high calibre candidates within a short timescale at a cost approximately 40% less than using recruitment agencies.
Charles Russell Speechlys is an international law firm headquartered in London. At the beginning of 2019 the firm undertook a restructuring of its secretarial and administration support and established a new Client Services function. In order to launch the new function successfully, they needed to recruit around 25 client services administrators into the teams in London, Cheltenham and Guildford within a 3-month timescale.
Charles Russell Speechlys has a small recruitment team which did not have the resources to support this additional level of recruitment in such a short timescale. ResourceBank presented a proposal and quotation which demonstrated approximately £40,000 of savings compared to using recruitment agencies and were appointed to run the project..
ResourceBank established a project team with experience of the legal sector and, together with the Charles Russell Speechlys resourcing team, created a project plan which mapped out an 8-week schedule including:
- Creation of job specification, job advert and candidate specification
- Recruitment video (see below) to showcase the offices, culture and benefits of working for Charles Russell Speechlys
- Advertising of vacancies on selected digital and social channels
- Initial telephone screening of candidates against key criteria
- Organised and delivered 5 days of assessment centres
- Candidate management and communication to ensure attendance at assessment days
- Verbal offer post-assessment and feedback to all rejected candidates
- Liaison with CRS HR team to ensure formal offer is produced and accepted
- More than 600 applications received and every one assessed against agreed criteria
- 140 initial telephone conversations (“pre-screens”)
- 98 full telephone interviews:
- 51 candidates selected and attended assessment days (only 1 non-attendee)
- 21 candidates offered (20 accepted)
- 2 additional candidates offered (and accepted) more senior roles
- All roles filled on schedule and 100% retention to date
- Savings of £40,000 compared to using recruitment agencies
Hayley Halvatzis, Resourcing Manager for Charles Russell Speechlys said:
“Using ResourceBank was a new approach for us but we are delighted by the results. The quality and suitability of the candidates was exactly what we were looking for. The ResourceBank team provided an excellent level of candidate care throughout the interview and assessment process – indeed most of the candidates thought that they were full time Charles Russell Speechlys employees and we feel this really helped to build engagement and a high level of successful hire. The fixed project cost meant that we saved significantly compared to using traditional contingency recruitment agencies and we will definitely use ResourceBank again for any similar project need.”