Why ESG is essential if you’re a recruiter
Two thirds of Gen Z candidates feel its important the company they work for act sustainably – or at least have plans to be. Some even say they’d accept a lower wage for a more climate friendly career.
With talent in such short supply right now, it pays for companies to be transparent and vocal about their environmental agenda to attract new, high-quality candidates, but what exactly are younger workers looking for from potential employers?
of 18-24 years olds would not want to work for a business that profits from unsustainable practices
of Gen Z feel anxious about environmental issues
So what can you do?
Promoting your environmental policies as part of your candidate attraction strategy can be really beneficial for finding new talent in a candidate led market. There are a number of initiatives you can undertake in your workplace to increase your sustainability score with candidates….
- Using renewable / low energy options to heat and light the workplace
- Reduce waste by recycling, or having a paperless office
- Using sustainable packaging in your products, packaging and marketing material
- Look at your businesses carbon footprint – is there anything you can do to reduce it? You can calculate it here.
- Involve and incentivise your employees to be more green and adopt environmentally friendly habits at work and in the community like cycling to work or conducting local litter picks.
You can even apply to become a ‘B-Corp’, where your company is independently verified to show it meets high standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability.
ResourceBank are a leading provider of outsourced HR, recruitment and talent solutions. We work as an extension of your HR team and have specialist expertise of each area. Get in touch below to see how we can support your business.