Assessment Tools & Techniques
- Job Analysis: Obtaining detailed and objective information from a range of sources about the role(s) to be performed in order to determine the competencies around which the assessment will be designed
- Competency framework design & mapping: creating a full competency framework for your organisation or validating and updating an existing one. Mapping can be required to cross reference and / or enhance current frameworks bringing them to life with definitions, behaviours and tools
- Interviews: Structured, consistent and objective competency, motivational , situational or strengths based interviews can be used to gain insight or to validate outcomes of personality questionnaires
- Ability tests: Measuring objectively an individual’s current ability and future capacity in area such as verbal, numerical, abstract reasoning, logical, accuracy and spatial awareness. These can be a leading predictor of on the job performance
- Personality Profiling: These provide insight in to an individuals’ personality and preferred working styles within the workplace. Specifically you can look areas such as emotional intelligence, management and leadership approach, motivation and team type.
- Simulation Exercises: Exercises such as case studies, in tray, e-tray, presentation, group and role play exercises are an excellent method of assessing how well suited a candidate is to a particular role. Candidates are asked to complete a business simulation to demonstrate how they might complete a set of specific tasks relevant to the role.
- Situational Judgement Tests: Provides test takers with specific scenarios relevant to the organisation and are a time and cost effective way to understand candidates’ likely behavioural style. As well as giving applicants a realistic job preview it can help you discover the decision making ability of your candidates.
- Assessor Training: If required we can train your people to be assessors; this can help reduce costs whilst increasing engagement and providing development for your people
- Bespoke Exercise Design: To increase face and content validity we often work with HR, Business Leaders and Heads of Function to create bespoke, job relevant and fully objective exercises to be used as part of a range of exercises across an assessment centre
Established in 1995, we have a team of experienced HR, recruitment and assessment professionals who deliver excellence across our four key service lines.
Within RB Assessment we have a team of Occupational Psychologists and Assessment professionals who have vast experience as well as specialist expertise. Our team has extensive knowledge of the most up to date tools & techniques that can be used to support any assessment, development or leadership challenge.